ADDED 12-5

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On the road again...

Hello again everyone! After three and a half months at home, (and even longer since the last post) I am once again hitting the road. Three and a half months now seems like a long time to have been home, but thankfully it was pretty eventful. I arrived in time for my mother's birthday, I attended two weddings (one being my youngest brother's wedding), I traveled to North Carolina twice - once to visit my new baby niece, and the other to attend my other brother's graduation. I also went to UofA Homecoming, (too bad we couldn't win the game!) partied with a bunch of old friends for Halloween in Phoenix, and attended my dad's big seventies-themed 65th Birthday Bash! I caught up with many old friends and family and even made some new friends. All in all, three and a half months well spent!

Now it is time to hit the road again, destination: South America! I begin the trip in Cartagena, Colombia, and as usual, I haven't planned much. In fact, I arrive to Cartagena not knowing where I will sleep the first night. I will take either the bus or a collective taxi to the center of town and then walk around until I find a good place. I've employed this tactic many times before and it has rarely failed - except that one time in Norway. If I am lucky, I will meet someone on the bus that takes me home with them like the time in Austria! We shall see! I believe adventure is what happens when things don't go according to planned, and if I don't plan anything, then I will ALWAYS have an adventure because it never goes according to planned! :) I might be an adventure junkie.

Here's to the next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. You are a majestic bird who cannot be caged. Have a great trip. Feed us the details. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Melissa, it would have to be a pretty large cage... :) Thanks for following the adventure!

    ReplyDelete